As part of the 2014 Wildland Fire Leadership Campaign - The Resilient Team, the Wildland Fire Leadership Development Program (WFDLP) has issued a national reading challenge for Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robertson's, "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10." "Lone Survivor" highlights the courage of SEAL Team 10 as they fight a desperate and doomed battle in the mountains of Afghanistan. There are many lessons to be learned from the leadership and teamwork displayed by such a resilient and elite group of fighters.
The intent is to read and discuss the book throughout the spring and summer. As a capstone to the discussion, readers will be encouraged to venture into the Leadership in Cinema realm and watch and discuss Peter Berg's, "Lone Survivor," currently in theaters and estimated to be released on DVD/Blu-ray in May 2014.
"Lone Survivor - The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10” Reading Schedule
Sign up now and become a part of the neighborhood to join the discussions! Discussions will be hosted in the Fireline Leadership Reading Room.
- March discussion - Chapters 1-3 (pages 1-123 paperback)
- April discussion - Chapters 4-6 (pages 123-223 paperback)
- May discussion - Chapters 7-9 (pages 223-330 paperback)
- June discussion - Chapters 10-12 (pages 330-444 paperback)
- July discussion - Comparing the movie "Lone Survivor" to the book "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10."
If you have questions regarding the Professional Reading Program, send an e-mail to BLM_FA_Leadership_Feedback@blm.gov